Sunday, September 19, 2021 – 10:15 a.m.
These months that we, the church community, have not been able to meet face to face have been difficult and we are all looking forward to coming back. But we are returning to a new reality, so please take the time to review this information to help make meeting together again as safe as possible.
Welcome back! Here is what to expect
Before you arrive
- Bring your own mask. If you don’t have a mask, or forget it, disposable masks will be available at the entrance to the church.
- In order to help ensure the health and safety of everyone who comes to our service, the church building will be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized before and after each service.
- Before you attend a service, please screen yourself for COVID-19 symptoms. If you feel unwell or are in a high-risk group, please stay home.
- The number of people is limited to 100 (including clergy and other participants).
- When you pre-register you’ll be asked to provide your name, and your telephone number or e-mail address. Ottawa Public Health requires us to collect this information to help with contact tracing in case someone is later found to have COVID-19.
When you arrive
- Please arrive in advance of the service, entering via the Bell Tower door. You will check in with the registrar at the door.
- The registrar will double-check your Covid-19 status with you.
- There will be hand sanitizer dispensers at the entrance of the church. You’ll be asked to sanitize your hands on entering the church.
- Please sit in one of the designated places. We advise you to sit with those who are in your social “bubble”, i.e. family members. The centre pews are 12 feet long, so there’s room for a couple or family to sit on the end and still maintain an appropriate distance from others. Some side pews are also available.
During the service
- Physical distancing must be maintained at all times. There should be no touching at any point before, during or after the service.
- An offering plate will be available as you enter the church but it will not be passed during the service. We encourage on-line donations as a safe way to make your offering: www.canadahelps.org/en/dn/28160
After the service
Following the organ postlude, the ushers will indicate the flow of people to exit through the West Door onto Elgin Street, starting at the back of the church, keeping aware of physical distancing.
- To keep everyone safe and healthy, you are asked not to gather in the building before or after the service and to maintain physical distancing at all times.
- Please don’t feel obliged to return to in-person worship if you don’t feel ready to do so.
- Links to online services will continue to be offered. For more information please subscribe to our e-news: This Week at St John’s or visit our website: www.stjohnsottawa.ca